Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you! I hope you were able to worship with your family today at the church of your choice. We were at PCBC today and it was packed. I love Christmas, but Easter is my favorite of the Christian holidays...without Easter and the Resurrection, Christianity is just another religion with a dead leader and no hope of a future.

After church, we had lunch with the Jenks and the girls hunted eggs together.

After lunch (WAY after lunch - like 4:00 after lunch) we came home and I took a big nap! I think I woke up about 7:15 PM. I had a screaming headache (can you say p-o-l-l-e-n?) and tried to sleep it off. We were outside all day yesterday doing this...


Working in the yard and getting everything ready for spring. It was pretty warm (low 70s) so I had on a tank top...and got my first sunburn of the season. :(


The we cleaned out the garage. Now I can park my van in there for the first time in (no lie) 4 years!


Then we went down to the school so Punkin could learn to ride her bike with a nice, flat surface since we live at the bottom of two hills. She was a quick learner - I think that gymnastics helped a lot because her balance was great.


She and Bill went back this afternoon when I was napping and practiced some more. She still needs a little help getting going but after that...she's a pro! All in all, it was a great weekend - no knitting...but some things are more important than knitting.

Next weekend we're going to the North Georgia mountains with the Jenks. We have a cabin rented at Fort Mountain State Park. Hopefully the weather will be nice (no rain) and we can do some hiking. I'm sure there will be lots of pics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great Easter! You are absolutely right about your Church sentiments, too!

Your FCS3 Pal