Sunday, August 17, 2008

You're Ruining My Life!

Those of you know me well know that the Punkin has NEVER, I repeat, never been one to sleep through the night in her own bed. To say that we've been struggling of late with the sleep in your own room thing would be a gross understatement. 

So, last Thursday night was a doozy. Friday morning was not much better (considering none of us had had much sleep). So, after the battle to get her off to school, THIS is the note that was waiting for me on the white board in her room. For the benefit of those who cannot read I-just-started-second-grade phonetic spelling, it says "You ruin everything in my life and you need to say you're sorry." 

She has NO idea how much I can ruin her life. Just wait until she's a teenager! So, we're beginning to employ several techniques to get her to sleep in her room ALL night. Or at least to NOT come into our room in the middle of the night to wake us up. I'm sure there will be more to come on this subject.  

In crafty news, I'm working on the Farm Fresh blanket from the Candi Blankies book by Candi Jensen. Right now it would be a terribly boring picture to post - since all I've got finished thus far is about 3/4 of the green "field" that the cute sheep hang out in. Hopefully I'll finish this week. Fingers crossed. 

2 comments:

Knit Witch said...

Hmmmm....if you tie her to the bed is that considered child abuse??

Haha! Stick to your guns - you are doing the right thing for SURE! Children are not entitled to run their parents lives.....IMHO.

LeAnn said...

I am proud to say that I am ruining the lives of 2 girls - just doing my job as a mom. Keep up the good work.