Monday, August 06, 2007

Today Was A Good Day

Punkin had a great day! She met me at the door this afternoon and said "Hi mom! I didn't cry today." Be still my heart! No one can truly know what a monumental step forward this is. I worried about it all weekend - she worried about it all weekend. She's been absolutely fabulous tonight and she looks happy again. I'm beginning to feel the weight lifting. We still have a long way to go but I think the medicine is starting to work. I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.



I didn't knit this weekend....because of this:



I started on Friday night and finished on Sunday afternoon. Typical of my reading habits - get my nose stuck in a book and don't put it down until I've finished. I've never been one to "savor" a book - reading it leisurely. Now I've gotten about 1/3 of the way through the next book in the series, A Good Yarn. I guess when I'm done with this one I'll have to get the next one, Back on Blossom Street.

Oh, and I'm still working on Tempting. I've got one of the sleeves on the double points and I'm working it. It took me (no lie) three tries to get going on the DPNs. For some reason I've always struggled with double points - which explains why there are two pairs of socks that I've had cast on for almost a year that I haven't finished.....

So many projects, so little time.

No comments: