Monday, October 08, 2007

Socks On Two Circs

I took a Socks on Two Circulars class at my LYS and can I just say. . . socks on two circs are a HOT MESS! All those cables and needles hanging and yarn getting all tangled up (and fussing and cussing...). All that and yet STILL easier than knitting on double points! Who knew? We worked on baby socks (Gracie's SOX by Cathy Hannigan) and I pretty much got the hang of it until it came time to turn the heel - the class was Saturday and I'm still trying to turn the heel. I think I need "professional" help. Know what I mean.

In other news, I cleaned out the "yarn corner" of my bedroom that was driving the dear husband nuts, and guess what I found? Not one, not 2, but FOUR started -but-not-finished projects. So typical of one who suffers from can'tfinishitis. It's a sad and debilitating disease...I'm sure you know. I would post a picture of said corner, but I'm just too embarassed. Sad. Just sad.

I packed up a box of "what the hell was I thinking when I bought this" yarn and have it ready to send off to charity. Well, not exactly charity, but to a fellow knitter in D.C. who needs it for her student knitting group. It's not awful yarn, not even bad yarn, just not the kind of yarn I like these days. So, off it goes this week to find a good new home where it will actually be knitted. Novel concept, I know.

In the what I've been reading latetly category is It's About Your Husband by Lauren Lipton. Quite entertaining. And Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair by Crazy Aunt Purl. Hys-ter-i-cal. Only a truely Southern gal could fully understand. Bought it on Friday - was finished by Sunday. A very quick, very entertaining read.

No comments: