Monday, April 07, 2008

I Saw the Yarn Harlot

And proved once again what a total moron I am. Remember the last time the Harlot was in ATL? Right. Had a ticket - decided to stay home and help celebrate the hubby's birthday. Later found out that he would have been OK with me going to see her?

Well, I went yesterday and spent 6 hours with 600 of my closest knitting friends. (Here's where the moron part comes in.) Took my camera...No. Freaking. Memory. Card! OMG - You're kidding me, right? Idiot!

Anyway, the Evil Science Chick and Grace have some great pics posted and there are some in the AJC article, too. I won a prize at the raffle - an autographed copy of New Pathways for Sock Knitters by Cat Bordhi. The Harlot signed my book - she's as funny and charming as I imagined her. She's the kind of girl you'd like to hang with over a plate of nachos and a cold beer.

The next time she comes, I'll be WAY more prepared.

3 comments:

evilsciencechick said...

I think most everyone who won a prize was standing either just in front of me or just behind me in line.

NO FAIR!

I should have bought more tickets!

Knit Witch said...

Oh no!!! We gave the Harlot a yarn bowl and she loved it! We were SUPPOSED to get a picture to put on the website - but guess what - WE FORGOT!! So, add my name to the moron category!

Anonymous said...

Camerless or not, your day sounds AMAZING! Your favorite colorswap package has been mailed (yesterday). UPS estimates a Friday delivery. Just in time for the weekend!

Your FCS3 pal