Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Issue with Clutter

This week's assignment at www.365project.org was to photograph clutter. (Mom, I can hear you laughing....) There may be some people who would have a problem finding something clutter-related to photograph. I would NOT be one of those people. Frankly, there is no shortage of clutter in my house. With the exception of my downstairs bathroom, you can pretty much turn in any direction in my house and see clutter.

With so many choices to photograph, what did I choose? I chose the Punkin's clutter. This is a shot of the desk in her room. Uh, right. This would be the desk where she is supposed to do her homework. Since you can't actually see the top of the desk, you would be right if you guessed that not a lot of homework gets done there. She does it on the sofa in the living room, while watching Phineas and Ferb (but that's a post for another day).

So, in addition to Project365, I'm also back on the FlyLady bandwagon where I'm desperately trying to get my house (and my clutter) under control. I swear some days I think there are Gremlins who follow me around messing up stuff behind me and disappearing when I turn around.

My first stop on the FlyLady decluttering train are the two spots that drive poor Bill the most nutty: the computer desk in the living room and the desk in the kitchen. There will be pictures - before and afters. I will also add that all of this decluttering is in preparation for hopefully, one day, putting our house on the market. Since EK arrived, we've kind of run out of usable space and really need to concentrate on getting a bigger place.

Whew. I have a lot to do. Guess that means that I shouldn't be sitting here talking about what I need to do. Where's my timer? My 15 minutes starts now...

No comments: