Sunday, January 03, 2010

Holy Freaking Cow? Where Did the Year Go?

If there is anyone who still stops by to read my blog, you might be wondering what happened to me last year. Or you might NOT be wondering, but I'd rather think you care enough to at least be curious.

Well, last year was a crazy busy year for me. You, of course, know about the Biggest Loser challenge that I was doing with some Facebook friends. I made good progress and lost about 15 pounds.

It was a contract negotiation year at the Deathstar and, because I'm in management and not part of the folks represented by the contract, I spent a good portion of the year training to do someone else's job in the event of a work stoppage (a.k.a. "a strike"). That involved about 100+ hours of online and classroom training - on top of my normal job.

Speaking of normal job, I wrapped up the project I've been working on for two years! FINALLY!

Perhaps the biggest thing that happened to me last year was this ...

Aww! We welcomed a new daughter to our family. Emily Kathryn (a.k.a. Emma Kate) joined our family on December 1, 2009 weighing 5 pounds and 15 ounces. She's absolutely the best thing about 2009!

No comments: