Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jumping on the Project 365 Bandwagon

Over the summer I bought a dSLR camera and 2 lenses. Then in the fall I took a class to learn how to use it. Since then, I've pretty much only been taking pictures of my kids. Over the holidays, my friend Jodi (a budding professional) posted on Facebook that she was participating in Project 365 for 2010. The premise is that you are to take a minimum of one photo per day for 365 consecutive days. You can take pictures of anything, including the mundane things of life, just so long as you take one picture per day.

I decided this would help my photography skills since it would (1) force me to use my camera everyday and (2) force me to look at everything in my life and how all those things - big and small - make up who I am.

Yesterday was a warm day for us (in the low 60s) and a welcome reprieve from the really cold weather we've been experiencing over the past few weeks. My friend Elizabeth and I took our girls, and another friend, out to Sims Lake Park and spent a few hours snapping pictures of the girls. This is yesterday's photo:

I also joined a Project 365 group where I'm cataloging my progress. The group posts daily and weekly themes - this week's theme is clutter. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able to find something to take a picture of. :)

No comments: