Friday, July 27, 2007

New Kitchen Alert


OK - so painting my kitchen and putting down hardwoods isn't exactly "crafty" but it is a little creative, right? I'm up to my eyeballs in painting supplies right now. My 6-year old assistant/sidekick/helper and I finished putting Kilz2 on all the leftover navy blue tonight. Tomorrow morning will be all the little areas around and above the cabinets. Such a pain. Once that's done, on goes the paint - Montpelier Olive from Valspar (at Lowe's). It's more "artichoke-y" than olive which is good 'cause an olive kitchen would be, how shall I say, DRAB. Just gross.

Anywho - the new floor is called Summer Butternut and is a yummy shade of golden oakey goodness. All 14 boxes are still sitting in my van and stinking up the place. :) I'm hoping to get the floor down sometime this week. Hubby and I are debating whether or not to pull up the existing, builder's grade (read: crappy) vinyl that's currently there or to just put the floor over it. I say rip it, he says lay over.

Once the floor is down we're on to new counter tops. I wanted something fancy (like granite) but, alas, that's a BIT TOO MUCH money! So, we're settling for a laminate called Labrador Granite - looks like granite . . . but isn't. We're hoping that with the new paint, new floor and new counter we'll like the white cabinets that are still there. There's just NO way we can afford to rip those babies out and start over.

In knitting news, I'm still working on the Jenna Adorno Tempting sweater from Knitty.com (like 3 years ago). I've made it up to where I divide for the sleeves. My goal is to have it finished by the end of September. It's in black Debbie Bliss Cashmerino - otherwise I'd try to post a picture. I stumbled across a blurb on a blog (Crazy Aunt Purl) about a knitting store in ATL called Knitch. Hello! How did I miss that? It's in Virginia Highland; not exactly my "side" of town, but I'm always up for a yarn road trip. I just wish some of my buddies were yarn people instead of scrappers/stampers. What's a gal to do?

No comments: