Monday, July 30, 2007

What to do? Knit? Run? Or Drink?

Such tough decisions....it's been a little stressful at our house for the past few weeks. So stressful that I can't decide if I should eat, run, knit, drink copious amounts of alcohol, or some combination of all of them. I read in Vogue Knitting today that some lady in the UK won a Guiness Book World Record for knitting a scarf while running a marathon. I knit. I've run a marathon. I could get one of those little "beer hats" with the 2 straws that come down the sides....I could knit, drink and run -- ALL AT THE SAME TIME! We've been dealing with changes to Punkin's seizure meds and it's Wearing. Us. Out! So much so that I just washed down a muscle relaxer and 2 Excedrin . . . with freakin' a Mojito! (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

On a positive note, the kitchen got painted. I still have to do the trim work - I'd rather stuff a hot poker in my eye, but hey, it has to be done if I want my new floor to get installed. I've taken a few "in progress" pics but none since we finished painting. I kind of want to get everything back in its assigned place before I snap the finals. Now that I'm in love with the color, I think I'll keep the cabinets white. With the new floor, new paint and new counter tops, the cabinets should look like I intended for them to be white.


On the Tempting sweater........I'm almost finished. I now have to decide if I want to make it plain (no cute ribbon threaded through it) or make it so I can change the ribbon out. I'm totally torn. Part of me wants just a nice, normal black ribbed sweater. Another part of me wants the cutie-patootie ribbon sweater. What's a gal to do? I hope to be completely finished with it by this weekend - it's kind of hard to get a lot accomplished between conference calls and a 6-year old having medication-induced meltdowns. Our trip to Hilton Head is next weekend and I'd like to have it done so I can wear it then. We'll see....

No comments: